Preparing for Botox, Dysport, Dermal Fillers and MicroPen Treatment
In order to minimize inflammation and bruising at the injection site, Dr. Comeau recommends the following:
- Avoid Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Vitamin E, Fish Oil (Omega 3), or any supplements for 5 days before a minor treatment. Taking a multivitamin is fine.
- Avoid alcohol for 2 nights before a minor procedure.
- Take Arnica Montana 4 days before procedure to help minimize bruising. You can purchase these sublingual tablets at Roots or GNC. You may continue for 4 days after the procedure to help with inflammation and bruising.
- We recommend continuous use of SPF 30-50 with 9% Zinc Oxide before and after all procedures. Pre-approved sunscreens are available for purchase at our office.
- If you have a history of fever blisters on the lip and you are having a BBL treatment or another treatment close to the lips, you should be treated with Acyclovir or Valtrex prior to your treatment. Please call our office to obtain proper prescriptions from Dr. Comeau.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to call our office during business hours at 410-733-1877.